Listening to drm ebooks with tts on my phone.
I am a big fan of Moon+ Reader.
Install Kindle and Calibre
brew cask install kindle calibre
Download and Install DeDRM plugin tools
- calibre -> Preferences -> Change calibre behavior (CMD-P)
- Plugins -> Load plugin from file -> DeDRM_tools/DeDRM_calibre_plugin/DeDRM_plugin.zip
Amazon's new format throws a wrench into things. Before you download your books in the kindle app, run this:
chmod -x /Applications/Kindle.app/Contents/MacOS/renderer-test
Download the books in the kindle app
- Kindle -> Preferences... (cmd-,) -> Content Folder
- Set this to somewhere easy to get to
- right click book in library -> download
Add book to Calibre
- Calibre -> Add books (A)
- Find kindle book we just downloaded
Thats it folks!!!
Now you can read your book in any reader you choose!
Moon+ Reader has an impressive number of features and has encouraged me to read more!
To get your book from Calibre on your computer to your phone follow these steps:
- Calibre -> Connect/Share -> Start Content server
- On your phone, visit the url given.
- Download the book and open with Calibre!
- Download: Moon+ Reader